The Senate met yesterday in a pro forma session.
The Senate will not meet today. The Senate will return to conduct business on Monday, June 4.
During business yesterday, the House took the following actions:
- Rejected H.R. 3541, the "Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA) of 2012", by a vote of 246 yeas to 168 nays (a two-thirds vote was required to suspend the rules and pass the bill.)
- Passed H.R. 5743, the "Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013", by a vote of 386 yeas to 28 nays.
- Passed H.R. 5854, the "Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013", by a vote of 407 yeas to 12 nays.
- Began consideration of H.R. 5325, the "Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013".
The House will meet today at 9:00 AM. The House is expected to resume consideration of H.R. 5325, the "Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013", subject to the rule passed yesterday.
Significant Proposed Rules:
- National Indian Gaming Commission: amending its minimum internal control standards for Class II gaming under the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. (Comment period ends 7/31/12)
- National Indian Gaming Commission: amending its technical standards. (Comment period ends 7/31/12)
Significant Final Rules:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: corrects technical errors and typographical errors in the final rule with comment period entitled “Medicare Program; Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Changes” which appeared in the April 12, 2012 Federal Register. (Effective 6/1/12)
The court has concluded scheduled oral arguments for the October 2011 term. However, the court is still meeting to finalize decisions on cases it heard during the preceeding term. The court's next session of oral arguments is scheduled to begin on Monday, October 1, 2012.